Learn from a current in house Script Editor at Home and Away.
This workshop aims to give participants the skills and knowledge on how to tackle writing for established dramas.
- How can you adapt your unique voice to suit the established tone?
- How can you meet the demanding deadlines?
- How on earth can they plot 5 half hours in a week, let alone shoot them… ?
- Discuss how the soap machine works. Covering continuity and characters’ voices. Discuss how it is possible to plot impressive content in a short space of time.
- Examine the point of scene, is every scene moving the story forward?
- Analyse 3-4 scenes from plot notes. What are the key elements you need to include? How do the drafts change at each stage?
- You will be issued with a challenge, to write a selection of practice scenes, using sample plot notes from an already broadcast episode.
- The following week, participants will deliver their scenes for one on one feedback. These meetings will be arranged according to individual schedules.
Please note: This is an educational exercise and is in no way connected to recruitment. In her role, your lecturer is not responsible for hiring new writers.