Never be nervous about pitching your original series again! Holly will share the results from her biometric research project, the Science of Pitching, to arm participants with pitching skills. Holly has delivered a similar seminar at the Queensland’s Emerging ScreenMakers’ Conference 2018, and also online for Screenworks in 2020.
- Explore the essential elements to how to verbally pitch your original series.
- Include a compelling opening or hook; a clear premise and outline; a watertight description of your protagonist.
- Indicate your series has legs by demonstrating its story engine;
- Include a passion statement: why you are the best person to tell this story
- Examine the essential elements needed in a two page written pitch.
“With Holly’s help, we won the South Pacific Pictures’ Big Pitch Competition a month later in Auckland.”
” I attended Holly’s pitching workshop recently and found it extremely useful especially having to pitch via zoom to the rest of the group and Holly. Pitching has always made me nervous but Holly’s techniques helped me find focus and confidence in my approach. So much so that a few weeks later I pitched to the AACTA mini short film pitch competition and won! Highly recommend all writer’s doing this course especially as we have to pitch via zoom these days.”